MILWAUKEE - This weekend in Wisconsin will be anything but boring, and there will be a lot going on to satisfy just about everyone's taste. In Milwaukee, it's an Arts Extravaganza. ...
Chilling testimony in trial with teen accused of murdering elderly womanh SHEBOYGAN - Antonio Barbeau, the boy who, along with his friend Nathan Paape, allegedly killed his great-grandmother, testified in Paape's trial on Wednesday. Barbeau testified that the weekend before the murder, he and Paape had discussed ways to get money. When he said his great-grandmother had money, they ...
nearly 15,000 people were in the program last month. But new incentives could decrease those numbers. One provides an initial payment for people who stay on a job for 31 days and a second payment for staying employed for four months. There are also cash incentives for earning a promotion and higher pay, which would eventually help people leave the program. The welfare-to-work program is called ...
Los Angeles hired BetaLED, a division of Ruud Lighting in Sturtevant, to carry out the retrofit program when it was launched more than four years ago. The Wisconsin lighting technology firm was sold to North Carolina-based Cree Inc. since the program was ...
effort organized by the Greater Milwaukee Committee to spur more business growth here, will start a pilot project in September to help selected local companies accelerate their growth, organizers said in a ...
The Leopard (Il Gattopardo) [DVD]
Luchino Viscontis opulent historical epic The Leopard (Il Gattopardo) is, along with Jean-Luc Godards Contempt (1964) and Roman Polanskis Repulsion (1967), one of the great European-American art films of the 1960s. After the 1950s saw the increasing popularity of am ... ...
Wisconsin is one of the top five states for direct jobs in the medical imaging industry, with an estimated 6,920 people employed in the manufacturing, selling and servicing of computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and other equipment, according to a new study from the Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance. The study, based on 2011 data, was done for the trade group by Charles ...
Madison -- Just 15 hours after an Assembly Republican plan to put millions more toward voucher schools in Racine came to light, leaders are pulling back on the plan. In other backpedaling, Assembly Republicans are abandoning a plan to let the Department of Natural Resources set rules aimed at keeping protesters away from the site of a proposed mine in northern Wisconsin. Under ...
The push for a criminal case in the 1988 drowning death of an 8-year-old Racine boy has stalled after a decision this week by the Jefferson County district attorney's office. The boy's mother, Carmin White, never believed the coroner's ruling, that the death of Artis Echoles, who was in foster care at the time, was an accident. In January, she sent a letter to a Jefferson County ...
FILE - In this Thursday, May 6, 1999 file photo, George Zimmer, second from left, gestures to Andy Dolich prior to a meeting, in Oakland, Calif. Men's Wearhouse Inc. says it has dismissed Zimmer, its founder and executive chairman. In a terse release issued Wednesday, June 19, 2013, the company didn't give a reason for the abrupt firing of Zimmer, who built Men's Wearhouse from ...
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says the state budget will not be amended to change criteria affecting who can enroll in the voucher school program in ...
Did I hear right?
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Wisconsin StarWisconsin Star: Authoritative News Source for Wisconsin News
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Wisconsin news. From Milwaukee to Madison, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Wisconsin Star. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Wisconsin weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
A sideline reporter for Fox Sports Wisconsin had an on-air scare after a stray baseball came close to cause injury to her.
The incident happened before the third inning of the Pirates' 5-2 win over the Brewers, as Sophia Minneart was about to present the broadcast's Twitter poll.
The ball hit Minneart's right hand and making her drop her mic, the New York Daily News reported.
However, she quickly regained her composure and finished the segment.
According to Yahoo! Sports, the ball most likely got away from a Brewers player who was trying to throw a souvenir to a fan in the stands. (ANI)
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn
- New Charmed Particle Represents Rare State of Matter
- Russia May Team With Europe on Jupiter Probes
- In pictures Saturn images from Cassini probe so far as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
- The FBI has shot 150 Americans -- all justified -- since 1993
- Milwaukees Festival City Symphony announces its 2013 - 2014 concert season.
- Republicans wont seek to restrict mining access
- American Medical Association vote classifies obesity as a disease
- Brewers collecting school and art supplies during weekend game
- Wis. public workers might pay more for retirement
- A New Must-Have Financial Security Tool from Kanguru Solutions to Protect Online Banking Will Estate Planning
- John McAfees Alter Ego Becomes Self-Aware
- Peppa Pig Worlds Facebook page hijacked by abusive hacker
- Java 7 Update 25 fixes 40 security issues turns on certificate revocation checking
- John McAfee Explains How To Uninstall His Anti-Virus Software In This Brilliant Parody
- Police at Patriots tight ends home for 2nd day
- Police Visit Home Of Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez In Connection With Possible Homicide
- Peterson Former Viking Harvin cant be replaced
- Chiefs Q A Quarterbacks Coach Matt Nagy
- Michael Adams Earns Ticket to Camp with Mini-Camp Tryout
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Top Stocks Of John Paulsons Recovery Fund Up 27
- Hot Clothing Retailer Ralph Lauren Not Hot Enough
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Wisconsin Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Summer events galore planned for this weekend in Milwaukee
- Antonio Barbeau testifies against his friend Nathan Paape in murder of great-grandmother
- Wis. welfare-to-work incentives could trim cases
- Wisconsin LEDs light up LAs streets
- Scaleup Milwaukee initiative to accelerate growth at selected companies