MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A Milwaukee man who won a new trial after being convicted of homicide and sentenced to a life term has instead reached a plea deal that made him a free man this week. Twenty-seven-year-old Seneca Malone could have tried to clear his name by contesting a renewed homicide charge. Instead he pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of negligent homicide. Defense attorney Jerome ...
Police: Suspect accidentally shot near Milwaukee day care center MILWAUKEE - The mother of the robbery suspect Milwaukee Police said was accidentally shot by an officer wants the department to explain exactly how the cop’s gun fired after her son surrendered. Sheldon Gainer is awaiting charges, and is still recovering from a gunshot to his thigh. It’s an injury Milwaukee ...
National Guard plane makes emergency landing Friday MILWAUKEE - Are the lives of our service men and women in danger? It’s a question you’ve raised after the fourth emergency landing for the 128th Air Refueling Wing this year. A KC-135 jet engine was forced to land outside of Indianapolis at Grissom Air Reserve Base Tuesday, after one of its hydraulic systems failed. Col. ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- James Gandolfini, whose portrayal of a brutal, emotionally delicate mob boss in HBO's "The Sopranos" helped create one of TV's greatest drama series and turned the mobster stereotype on its head, died Wednesday in Italy. He was 51. In a statement, the cable channel, and Gandolfini's managers Mark Armstrong and Nancy Sanders, said he died Wednesday ...
Health organizations say a Wisconsin bill that would prohibit doctors from asking patients whether they own guns would interfere with the doctor-patient relationship. Under the proposal from Republican Rep. Michael Schraa, doctors except for psychiatrists who violated the ban could face a $25,000 fine or nine months in prison. "Owning a firearm, or not owning a firearm, is a personal ...
Can't Hardly Wait [Blu-Ray]
Milwaukee Brewers Rickie Weeks (23) hits the third out in the bottom of the 8th stranding runners and the score tied 3-3 during the MLB baseball game between the Milwaukee Brewers and San Francisco Giants at Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Wednesday, April 17, 2013 Journal Sentinel photo by RICK WOOD/ ...
MEQUON - Shawn Osowski is a dad and plans to keep his kids in public schools, even if the state passes an expanded voucher program. "I’m pro public schools." Mequon-Thiensville School Superintendent Demond Means is making a last minute plea to lawmakers to reconsider expanding school vouchers. "This is bad government. This is not the way we should invest our ...
Among a colony of common terns now nesting in northern Wisconsin are 15 birds whose tiny legs now sport the latest in technology. That will allow government officials to spy on 15 Wisconsin summer residents without their knowledge. Not that the birds care. But scientists are eager to learn where the endangered species travels before and after they land in Wisconsin to breed. Outfitted with ...
Stay up to date on the Milwaukee Brewers wherever you are with "Milwaukee Baseball," the Journal Sentinel's new mobile site for smartphones. Just go to your phone's browser and type in the web ...
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- A member of a Native American gang has been sentenced to 43 years in federal prison for shooting and killing a fellow gang ...
Did I hear right?
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Wisconsin StarWisconsin Star: Authoritative News Source for Wisconsin News
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Wisconsin news. From Milwaukee to Madison, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Wisconsin Star. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Wisconsin weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
A sideline reporter for Fox Sports Wisconsin had an on-air scare after a stray baseball came close to cause injury to her.
The incident happened before the third inning of the Pirates' 5-2 win over the Brewers, as Sophia Minneart was about to present the broadcast's Twitter poll.
The ball hit Minneart's right hand and making her drop her mic, the New York Daily News reported.
However, she quickly regained her composure and finished the segment.
According to Yahoo! Sports, the ball most likely got away from a Brewers player who was trying to throw a souvenir to a fan in the stands. (ANI)
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn
- With Russian Help Europe Prepares to Search for Life on Mars
- Chinese astronaut to deliver first space lecture
- Spectacular Billion Pixel Panorama from NASA’s Curiosity Mars Rover
- Plasma Swirls Above Suns Surface For 36 Hours | Time-Lapse Video
- John McAfee resurfaces as ranting YouTube star mocks McAfee software
- Yahoo rejects fears hackers will exploit old user IDs
- John McAfees tips for uninstalling McAfee
- SaskTel warns customers of email phishing scams
- Microsoft offers cash for hacker tactics
- Pollard Goal is Super Bowl our mission is to kill
- Jags agree on $63 million stadium upgrade plan
- Peterson back in routine with a bit of rest
- Titans coach wraps minicamp offseason day early
- Fans Go Inside the Huddle With Dolphins Players
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
- Bridgepoint Education seeks to cut staff
- Illumina ordered to pay $115 million in patent case
- Want to entice hotel guests Try birds paragliding
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Wisconsin Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wis. Innocence Project helps homicide inmate go free
- Mother speaks about MPD officer shooting her son
- How safe are Air National Guard KC-135s
- Sopranos actor dead at 51
- Health groups oppose Wisconsin bill barring gun inquiries