Pharmacist by day, 'OWI Hunter' by night APPLETON -- Drunk drivers in the Fox Valley will get no reprieve from the "OWI Hunter," after a judge ruled he is not acting as an illegal agent of law enforcement. The man known simply as Brad was called into an Outagamie County courtroom by a defense attorney last month as part of an attempt to get an OWI charge dismissed. The ...
WAUKESHA - At the Reaching Treetops Studio in Wauskesha, they're flipping yoga up in the air. It's called aerial yoga. Instructors hang hammocks from the ceiling and work on different poses. From swinging, to inversion, to other aerial techniques, gravity is used to better stretch and strengthen the body. It also has the added of excitement of doing yoga in flight. Instructor ...
Rachel Maddow plays powerful video of Wisconsin State Representative Many Wright's personal disclosure about having been raped by a cousin at 8-years-old but not having filed a police report - a circumstance Wisconsin Republicans are hoping to use as an excuse to block access to a legal abortion for the victim should such abuse result in pregnancy, because they believe women lie about rape ...
LAKE DELTON - A carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in the Wisconsin Dells has some guests upset more wasn't done to help them. Doug Schuenemann was enjoying a vacation in the Dells with his fiance and baby boy when all of the sudden early Saturday morning at the Travelodge hotel, he got a shock. "A firefighter on our door saying 'Lake Delton Fire Department. We need to evacuate ...
Like the 130-year-old paper mill in Nekoosa, on the banks of the Wisconsin River, many of Wisconsin's paper mills are more than a century old. Wisconsin's economy remains surprisingly reliant on papermaking and printing industries, according to a new ...
The Wages of Fear (La Salaire de la peur) [DVD]
Henri-Georges Clouzots existential suspense classic The Wages of Fear (La Salaire de la peur) opens in Las Piedres, a village in a poor, unnamed country somewhere in the heart of South America. It is a lost, dilapidated place of nearly suffocating heat where naked chi ... ...
MEQUON - The Ozaukee Co. Sheriff's Office has shut down I-43 northbound after a rollover crash. Flight for Life was headed to the scene of the crash, which happened just before 9:00 p.m. Monday night. TODAY'S TMJ4 reports that a vehicle struck a center barricade at the Milwaukee-Ozaukee Co. line. At least one person may have been injured. Check back for more details on this ...
EAU CLAIRE, Wis. -- Eau Claire Police say a body has been pulled from the Chippewa River. Police say canoeists spotted the body Monday not far from the Short Street Bridge. Eau Claire firefighters then launched a boat and recovered the body. WQOW-TV (http://bit.ly/17UpX9YP reports there's no word on an ...
With youth unemployment hitting 24.5% nationally in May, several Milwaukee teenagers are getting real-world work experience this summer, thanks to the St. Charles Youth and Family Services Youth Employment Services program, ...
Shooting at Potawatomi Casino MILWAUKEE – Questions are swirling about the way security officers handled a shooting at Potawatomi Bingo Casino. Never before has a shooting taken place on the casino floor, according to a spokesman. Patrons describe the scene as chaotic. "All of a sudden, people started stampeding--that’s all I can say," said Linda Schmit, who was at ...
WAUKESHA - People living in Waukesha have a mystery on their hands. Dozens of homeowners say they've watched their pine trees wither away and die. Scott Barrowclift is one of the residents who's had to cut down several pine trees on his property because they are sick. He said trees on his property aren't the only one's that have turned brown. "On Sunset I've ...
Did I hear right?
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Sheraton Abu Dhabi Resort & Towers
I have spent time at the Sheraton in Abu Dhabi previously, in the restaurants and the tavern pub, but hadn't ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Wisconsin StarWisconsin Star: Authoritative News Source for Wisconsin News
Every minute of every day our news editors canvass the issues, and stories making the news to provide our readers with a broad and in-depth coverage of what's happening in the world.
Our first priority is the state. We specialise in Wisconsin news. From Milwaukee to Madison, we're on the lookout day and night to keep track of issues making the news. We also strive to keep abreast of national news.
Breaking stories out of the continental United States usually break first on the Wisconsin Star. Neighbouring states and key cities too often feature on our news pages.
We also provide a whole lot of other content you'd expect from any newspaper including international sports coverage and local Wisconsin weather forecasts.
We also provide readers with an opportunity to engage in newsmaking by voting on major stories in the news, and following how other readers are viewing the issues. Our news polls are regularly updated, and attract thousands of voters over each week they're conducted.
Our business writers too work hard to keep you abreast of what's happening in the markets, not only in the U.S. but across the globe. We work around the clock to post stories from major financial centers like Tokyo, Paris, London, and of course New York, where we have extensive coverage of the major indices, particularly the Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P and Russell 2000.
A sideline reporter for Fox Sports Wisconsin had an on-air scare after a stray baseball came close to cause injury to her.
The incident happened before the third inning of the Pirates' 5-2 win over the Brewers, as Sophia Minneart was about to present the broadcast's Twitter poll.
The ball hit Minneart's right hand and making her drop her mic, the New York Daily News reported.
However, she quickly regained her composure and finished the segment.
According to Yahoo! Sports, the ball most likely got away from a Brewers player who was trying to throw a souvenir to a fan in the stands. (ANI)
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals being acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Marketing scams in 2012 saw Australian consumers robbed of over $94mn
- Chevron commences LNG shipment from Angola
- Brazil sees largest protests in 20 years
- Paille Bergeron put Bruins ahead 2-0 after 2nd
- NASA names eight new astronaut trainees -- half of them women
- Star attraction at Vancouver space centre being put out to interstellar pasture
- Mission Control puts off opening hatches of ATV cargo ship
- Post flu avian life to be back at central poultry by Dec
- Obama NSA spying doesnt mean abandoning freedom
- School iris-scanned students without telling parents
- AskSnowden NSA hacker Edward Snowden takes your questions
- Snowden Obamas Draconian Response Only Makes Better Hackers
- Putin refutes allegation he stole Super Bowl ring
- Minnesota Vikings to meet with former Packer Desmond Bishop report...
- Pacman Jones to speak at rookies at symposium
- AP source MRI shows torn ACL for Saints Butler
- Colts newcomer Bradshaw back at Lucas Oil Field
- Miley Cyrus wants to start afresh
- Palestinian refugee camps in Syria now theatres of war - UN agency chief
- Is Dannii Minogue planning a comeback
- Model Sallie Axl calls Tulisa crap in bed
- My Mormon past left me afraid to have fun says Amy Adams
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Obese male mice father offspring with higher levels of body fat
- Chrysler expected to formally refuse governments request to recall older Jeeps for fire risk
- Futures Movers Oil prices rise ahead of inventory data
- NewsWatch Stocks rise Fed feeds Dow’s triple-digit moves
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Wisconsin Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- OWI Hunter tactics ruled legal
- Aerial yoga taking off in SE Wisconsin
- Wisconsin GOP doesnt trust women not to lie about rape
- Guest Dells hotel didnt do enough to help during carbon monoxide leak
- Wisconsin economy stuck in old-growth industries